The UK does not want 'Hooters'. It is a retrograde step for a country dedicated to gender equality

Saturday 26 March 2011

Equality policy? What equality policy?

Shame on Bristol University Student Union. With a surly delay in sharing their information, we received this typically joyless response from the Student Union this week. Bad news.


The referendum came back on Friday - quorate (over 1000 votes) - with 58% voting in favour of allowing affiliated organisations (like clubs and societies) to develop links with Hooters if they choose to.

While I voted against this motion, I'm afraid there is little I can do when I am in the minority.  I'm sorry it is not a more favourable result.

Regards,
[name removed]
SU President

"Little I can do", eh? Tut, tut. 

YOU'VE GOT AN EQUALITY POLICY... so USE IT!!!

This ain't over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note these comments are moderated and may take a while to appear on the site. The moderation policy is on the front page of the blog.